Here is a list of quick tips for what to do after you leave the attorney’s office:
- Keep your original documents in a safe and secure place.
- Make sure your agent under your Power of Attorney knows where you keep your documents and that he or she has the name of your attorney.
- Give copies of your Medical Directives to the people you have named in the documents; your Primary Care Physician and other Health Care providers should also have a copy.
- Discuss your wishes for health care and end of life choices with your chosen agents. Don’t make them guess what you would want.
- If you have not already done so, consider Pre-paid funeral, burial, or cremation arrangements. It is not only less costly but when the time comes, it will ease the burden for your loved ones who are grieving your loss.
Questions? The Law Office of Debra Simms is here to help. Call us today 386.256.4882
This blog post is not case-specific and is provided only for educational purposes and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Blog topics may or may not be updated and entries may be out-of-date at the time you view them.