UPDATING YOUR WILL AS LIFE CHANGES
If COVID has taught us anything, it is that life is unpredictable and things are constantly changing. Due to the ever-changing aspects of life, you should update your estate plan as your life situation changes.
Below are a few life events that may spur a change or at least a review of your estate plan:
- Children, grandchildren, & dependents
- Have you had children or have your children had children?
- You may need to add or remove beneficiaries based on the children being born or even dying.
- You must also consider college funds and other accounts similar in nature.
- Changes in assets and ownership
- Have you acquired new properties?
- New or old businesses?
- Gifts and Donations
- Home and Health
- Changes in-laws
- have changes already occurred
- are they expected to change?
- Marital status
This is not an all-inclusive list but it will get you started on thinking about those life changes that you need to think about and redo your estate plan!
Call the Law Offices of Debra G. Simms at 386.256.4882 to learn more. We are currently offering free consultations via video conference to assist you with your needs.
This blog post is not case-specific and is provided only for educational purposes and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Blog topics may or may not be updated and entries may be out-of-date at the time you view them.