Getting Your Affairs in Order
Making healthcare decisions for yourself or someone who is no longer able to do so can be overwhelming. That is why I recommend that my clients make decisions and arrangements while they can participate in legal and financial planning.
I have created a checklist to ensure that your healthcare and financial arrangements are in place before a serious illness or a healthcare crisis.
- START DISCUSSIONS EARLY with your family and friends.
- CREATE DOCUMENTS that communicate healthcare, financial management, and end of life wishes and instructions. Get the legal advice needed to do so.
- REVIEW PLANS REGULARLY, and update your documents as your circumstances change.
- ORGANIZE YOUR PAPERS IN ONE PLACE. Make sure a trusted family member or friend knows the location.
- MAKE COPIES OF healthcare directives for all the physicians you regularly see.
- REDUCE ANXIETY for yourself and your loved ones by making funeral and burial arrangements ahead.
Questions? The Law Office of Debra Simms is here to help. Call us today 386.256.4882
This blog post is not case-specific and is provided only for educational purposes and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Blog topics may or may not be updated and entries may be out-of-date at the time you view them.