Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
Our goal is to take a preventative approach to protect and preserve the assets and autonomy of the elderly and their families. An effective elder law plan can help you protect your home and assets if you become incapacitated or disabled and need assistance beyond what your family can provide.
Debra G. Simms is a Florida Bar Board Certified Attorney dedicated to understanding each client’s unique situation, allowing our practice to attend to immediate crisis issues or create a well-considered plan.
Elder Law Concerns
The situations in which a Florida Elder Law Attorney may be helpful are numerous and may require:
- Medicaid Asset Protection Planning
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health Care or Surrogate Designations
- Living Wills or Advance Directives
- Reverse Mortgages
Elder Law Planning
There are many issues to discuss during an elder law consultation. For example:
- What will happen to the home and assets if the client or the spouse needs long-term nursing home care?
- Who will look after an adult special needs/disabled child?
- What arrangements can be made for a well spouse if the other spouse needs nursing care?
If you are ready to plan for your future or need to address an immediate crisis, we are ready to help. Our Elder Law office is open during weekly office hours. Contact us today for a consultation.